Unomaly 2.26 was released on March 12, 2018.
New actions and plugins framework
- Official plugins will be available with all installations by default. This means that you don’t have to download and install individual plugins. Unomaly 2.26 ships with two official action plugins, Slack and HipChat.
- All plugins are configurable in the UI. This makes it easy to enable, test, and disable the plugins you want to use.
- Plugins support more extensible configurations within action rules, such as specifying a Slack channel. This means that you can define actions to post to different Slack channels.
Existing actions which were developed in the old framework will still work, but will be marked as deprecated in Unomaly 2.26. We recommend editing your existing action rules to use the new plugins.
While we are working to provide more official plugins, you can write your own. See “Create custom action plugins”.
Improved error notification
In previous releases of Unomaly, it was easy to miss when your instances were having problems. With Unomaly 2.26, we’ve improved the display of notifications so that you can easily see:
- When your license is about to expire
- When there are issues with Unomaly services
- When the web browser loses connection to the instance
This release introduces a new tokenization mode, Structural Tokenization. Structural tokenization uses new analytical methods to improve how Unomaly scans and parses structured logs that contain lists, JSON objects, XML tags, key and value pairs, nested and paired delimiters such as parentheses and brackets, and so on.
After upgrading to Unomaly 2.26, structural tokenization can be enabled on a per-system basis. You enable the new tokenizer by changing the system state to “in training”. This means that the existing learning and profiles for the system are cleared, and the system will be relearned.
We recommend prioritizing the use of this new tokenizer on systems where you experience tokenization issues on your log data.
For more information about the benefits and how to configure the structural tokenizer, see “Structural logging and tokenization”.
March 22, 2018
Unomaly 18.104.22.168 includes the following changes:
- Fix MongoDB connection issues for 2.24 migration
March 19, 2018
Unomaly 22.214.171.124 includes the following changes:
- Fix issue with scoring in situations
March 13, 2018
Unomaly 126.96.36.199 includes the following changes:
- Fix issue where the score in plugins was incorrect
- Fix issue where tokenization in timestamps could take longer
March 12, 2018
Unomaly 188.8.131.52 includes the following changes:
- Fix issue where a license expration warning could appear with a valid license
- Fix issue where the learning was not properly reset when system put back in training
March 12, 2018
Unomaly 2.26 includes the following changes:
- Structural tokenizer with JSON support
- Fix bug that didn’t increment score for additional anomalies in the situation
- Fix issue where certain Python commands don’t execute properly
- Adding more extensive error handling to the UI
- Added HipChat plugin to actions framework
- Fixed graph not responding to refresh button bug
- New actions framework
Did this article help you?
Thank you for the feedback!