Unomaly 2.20 was released on August 23, 2017.
In this release, we’re giving you a glimpse into the future of Unomaly. You can preview a new Unomaly interface, a single page layout that focuses on the main Unomaly workflow, Situations. This release also introduces the new algorithm pipeline, which we reconstructed to improve how Unomaly learns and detects anomalies. Additionally, to improve the visual consistency of our content, we updated the styles and designs for our documentation and product notifications.
Preview the new Unomaly interface
The Unomaly interface has a new design that puts the main Unomaly workflow, Situations, in the forefront. This single page app layout simplifies the navigation while keeping all other pages available and apparent in the sidebar.
- Systems and groups are now accessible in the left hand sidebar, giving you quicker access to Situations for the systems or groups that you select.
- Saved filters are now called Views, because the filtering options define ways of displaying your data and environment. If you already have saved Views in your instance, you can find them in the left hand sidebar.
- Filtering options and selection match the framework for defining Actions. In this preview, you can edit the conditions to change the information displayed in the View.
We are excited to share our progress as we continue to iterate on the new layout and navigation. Future releases will add more functional behavior: such as editing group settings, links to other pages in the interface, and listing of “Away” situations.
To preview your data and environment in the new interface, click the cog wheel menu and select Preview new interface. To return to classic interface, click Back to classic interface in the sidebar.
As we continue to work on these improvements, we would love to hear your thoughts. Click Give your feedback in the sidebar of the new interface to leave your feedback and comments.
Improved the algorithm pipeline
We reconstructed the algorithm pipeline to improve how Unomaly learns, detects anomalies, and performs. Most of these changes were put in place to improve quality and make future development and updates to the algorithm more seamless and efficient. The new pipeline has the same overall functionality as the old, however, you may notice slight changes after upgrading to 2.20. For example, the new algorithm may adjust system baselines, which can affect the number of anomalies detected after the upgrade. This will not remove existing learnings and anomalies.
The upgrade should perform as usual, but please note the following:
- Upgrading to 2.20 is expected to take some additional time. For typical deployments, this will only be a few minutes. However, larger distributed deployments may take up to a few hours.
- Upgrading will remove all existing raw events (not learnings or anomalies) from the instance, to make room for the upgrade.
For more information, see the “Upgrade instructions”. Please contact Support for assistance if needed.
Refreshed the look of notifications
We updated the notification and system mails you receive from Unomaly to incorporate our fresh new visual style. Our next step will be to improve the overall quality and content of these types of messages from the product.
Added more style to the docs
We updated the overall design of the documentation platform to simplify the layout and improve readability. Whether you are on the landing page or reading a topic in a manual, we want to make it easier for you to find the information you’re looking for. You can also leave feedback on each of the topics: Tell us if the topic is helpful, or leave a more detailed comment or question to help us improve the docs.
Relocated Integrations to the docs
Integrations now have a home in the Unomaly Documentation alongside the product manuals and guides. You can find downloads and configuration instructions for all our custom actions, transports, and add-ons. See the “Integrations overview”.
September 13, 2017
Unomaly 18.104.22.168 includes the following changes:
- Fix issue where frequencies could not be matched properly in certain situations
- Fix issue where there could be a traceback displayed during upgrade
September 12, 2017
Unomaly 22.214.171.124 includes the following changes:
- Add rewrite of system names with underscores in the names to comply with the syslog rfc
- Fix issue where database index creation could fail
- Fix issue where upgrading workers could time out if the installation takes a long time
- Fix issue with the console menu generating disk space warnings when using recommended settings
- Fix issue where new systems connecting to a worker would not be added to the manager
- Fix issue where checking the license could sometimes fail, causing services to stop
- Fix issue where disabling raw events would not have an effect
August 30, 2017
Unomaly 126.96.36.199 includes the following changes:
- Add support for resuming the migration for 2.20
- Fix issue with migrations where the disk I/O could cause the database to not respond in time
- Fix issue with situations page where it sometimes does not show any situations
- Fix issue with events page where it sometimes does not show any events
August 25, 2017
Unomaly 188.8.131.52 includes the following changes:
- Fix an issue with the situations page not listing situations under certain conditions
- Fix issue with UI warning not working with custom certificates
- Fix issue with migrations which could fail under certain conditions
August 24, 2017
Unomaly 184.108.40.206 includes the following changes:
- Fix issue with migration for large installations
August 23, 2017
Unomaly 220.127.116.11 includes the following changes:
- Fix issue with ordering of preinstall migrations
- Only display deleted systems once during the migration
Known issues in this release:
- In the preview of the new interface, anomalies that match “Away” situations (score=10) are visible in the sparkline, but not displayed in the situations list.
August 23, 2017
Unomaly 18.104.22.168 includes the following changes:
- Improved installation procedure to make it slightly faster
August 23, 2017
Unomaly 2.20 includes the following changes:
- Add preview of the new Situations view
- Add new backend service to replace unomalyd
- Update styling of parts selector in the Add Knowns modal
- Add support for adding multiple NTP servers during setup
- Add system CA certificates
- Improve output of ISO installation so progress is visible
- Increase time while waiting for databases to startup where slow disk IO could cause Unomaly to not start after a reboot
- Improve installation procedure to make it slightly faster
- Fix events-view being empty in certain distributed setups
- Fix issue with the console status displaying incorrectly in distributed deployments
- Fix issue where certain score threshold were not rounded properly
- Fix issue where API token users could not access certain API endpoints
Did this article help you?
Thank you for the feedback!