3.5 Release notes
During the summer we will focus on fixing bugs and making minor improvements to Unomaly. Get the latest version for all available updates.
Use this file for installs on physical and virtual servers
Use this file for installs on cloud services and for Unomaly upgrades
Unomaly 3.5 was released on July 10, 2019. (Last updated on September 11, 2019.)
Find documentation for older releases in "Older versions".
In latest 3.5.5 release, we’ve updated a recently released experimental feature to provide your Anomalies in both the Situations Page and the Anomalies Page with additional information to further your investigations.
When you click an anomaly it will no longer expand, instead a new sidepanel will appear. This sidepanel will popup to display information pertaining to the associated profile where the anomaly was triggered.
From here you can query sampled events that Unomaly received, filter and “group by” dynamic parameter values and visualize the frequency of this profile, including an indicator for when the anomaly occurred.
As with all of our experimental features, we’d love to get your feedback on this feature. Once you've had a chance to play around with it, tell us with you think in our community slack channel or by reaching out to our support team.
To enable this feature go to Settings > Experimental > Anomalies and Event profile details.
The latest 3.5.2 release revisits the way event profile information is presented to you. Click on an event profile to open its details sidepanel, which gives you additional details about each profile and lets you query sampled events that Unomaly receives. You can filter and “group by” on dynamic parameter values, as well as visualize the occurrences of that profile in a graph.
Event profile details is an experimental feature that you can enable in the Settings > Experimental > Anomalies & Event profile details.
These are the fixes and updates to Unomaly 3.5 versions.
September 11, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.6 includes the following changes:
- Implemented new parameter anomaly detection algorithm.
- Redesigned the page for Settings > Plugins.
- Fixed a newline issue in sshd_config.
- Added a save button when you click to the system modal from the sidebar.
- Added support for free-text search on parameters.
- Fixed LDAP options help text to improve clarity.
- Added ability to write migration history without running the actual migration.
- Removed instance analytics settings from the console menu.
- Removed double tracking on the settings page.
- Changed the User tab Settings to typescript.
- Added more detailed feedback for malformed HTTP ingestion API requests.
- Refactored unomalyweb to remove immutable structures.
September 4, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.5 includes the following changes:
- Added new experimental feature: Anomalies details.
- Added a “remove selection” button to the graph.
- Added the ability to select from/to time-range in the Event Profile side panel.
- Additional improvements to Event Profile side panel.
- Fixed an issue where versions of Unomaly older than 3.4.0 would fail to upgrade.
- Fixed an issue, which caused the API to hang while starting.
- Fixed an issue where highlight values did not display properly.
- Fixed an issue where “contact support” linked to an incorrect URL.
- Various UI/UX improvements, including a updated sharing modal.
August 21, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.4 includes the following changes:
- Fixed an issue preventing transportd from starting correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the token aggregator didn't reload the system after the license expired.
- Fixed a bug in 3rd party library where LDAP authentication sometimes failed if the LDAP server responded too quickly.
- Changed the database write strategy to reduce IO write operations.
- Improved logging for LDAP authentication while tracing is enabled.
- Fixed a bug where the sidepanel close button was too big for Firefox.
July 31, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.3 includes the following changes:
- Fixed a bug where the main menu opened behind the profile details sidebar.
- Added support for Content-Encoding: gzip in ingest API.
- Implemented multithreaded processing of logs in the token aggregator.
- Fixed a bug that prevented offline instances from making backups.
July 24, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.2 includes the following changes:
- Added new experimental feature: event profile details.
- Published on NATS asynchronously to improve performance.
- Fixed issue where transportd could not connect to syslog-ng.
- Read the /etc/hosts file as part of doing reverse DNS lookups using the hostlookup tool.
- Reused memory in tokenization step to improve performance.
July 17, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.1 includes the following changes:
- Fixed issue where the anomalies table could fill up the disk.
- Fixed issue where an index creation migration could time out.
- Fixed issue where Safari sometimes scrolls to the top when expanding situations and anomalies.
- Fixed issue where the set filters would not apply when clicking on the same menu entry twice.
July 10, 2019
Unomaly 3.5 includes the following changes:
- Fixed an issue where metrics did not send if there was an invalid bearer token.
- Fixed an error where a deleted system was not properly removed.